October 15 is the East Row Tree Revitalize Team's Fall planting day event and we still need tree planting volunteers. With your help, over 145 new street trees will be planted, making a beautiful impact on our neighborhood for years to come.
To get all the trees planted, LOTS of volunteers are needed. Please sign up to help if you have not done so already. Or organize a team of your friends and neighbors to join in the effort! You can let us know directly by emailing Pam Wilcox, volunteer coordinator at:
The schedule for the day is as follows:
1. 8:30am - Volunteer registration, coffee/donuts (St. John’s Church, 415 Park Ave., Newport)
2. 9:30am - planting demo (St. John’s Church, 415 Park Ave., Newport)
3. 9:45am - planting teams at work
4. 12pm - lunch provided at St. John’s
5. 1pm-3pm - remaining planting work, if necessary (in the past two tree plantings, work has been completed by lunchtime)